EKP cannot connect to the database
Without a database connection EKP cannot start. Please check:
For more help and further details please check in the EKP Troubleshooting Guide and your EKP Installation Guide. Both are available in PDF format on the installation CD, or can be downloaded from www.netdimensions.com/support. The stack trace in ekp.log will contain additional specific information that will help pinpoint the failure.
- Have you downloaded and installed the JDBC drivers (if using Microsoft SQL Server)?
- Is the User ID, password and database connection string correctly set in ekp.properties?
- Is the database running? Can you connect to it using another tool?
- Was the EKP database created properly and fully? Are all the tables and data available in it?
- If you are upgrading from an earlier version of EKP, and the upgrade kit contains a file named WEB-INF/web.xml, have you copied this file into your EKP installation directory?